The Commonwealth of Virginia and your local government contribute significant funds to the CSA services. However, as of January 1996, Virginia law also requires you, as your child’s parent or legal guardian, to contribute toward the cost of some services based on income and other factors. Your case manager or the CSA Program Manager will discuss this with you in more detail and will assist you in obtaining the forms you will need.