The Fluvanna County Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) is a forum for public safety officials, industry, and the public to work together to identify and catalogue potential hazards, identify available resources, mitigate hazards when feasible, and write emergency plans. The role of the LEPC is to anticipate and plan the initial response for foreseeable disasters in our community. Response plans, developed with stakeholder particiaption, are reviewed annually.
The LEPC membership includes:
- Elected local officials.
- Local emergency management.
- Law enforcement, fire and rescue, emergency medical services, and public health professionals.
- Environment, transportation, and hospital officials.
- Industrial facility representatives.
- Representatives from community groups and the media.