One of the functions of the Department of Planning and Community Development is to assist the Board of Supervisors with the preparation and implementation of the Comprehensive Plan and the county’s long-range planning strategies. The department works with the Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors to develop policies and plans intended to ensure that new development occurs in an orderly way that does not compromise the health, safety, and welfare of the community.
- Fork Union Community Plan
- Fork Union Village Project
- Lake Monticello Community Plan
- Palmyra Community Plan
- Zion Crossroads Community Plan
Development Activity Reports
Northwest Fluvanna/Southwest Louisa Mutlimodal Corridor Study
- The Report (item 1) and Framework (item 2) were presented to the Planning Commission and the Board of Supervisors and the two documents together comprise the full report. Other documents include information on the following intersections: Palmyra, Zion Crossroads and Route 600 and Route 53.
- Northwest Fluvanna/Southwest Louisa Corridor Implementation
A-1 Zoning District Review
- A-1 Public Meeting Handouts
- A-1 Meeting Input Sheet
- A-1 Public Input Responses
- Virginia Rural Zoning Districts
Rural Zoning Task Force